Hunger Center Profiles
St Augustine Hunger Center
St, Augustine Church is located at 2486 West 14th Street in the Tremont area of Cleveland. It was founded in 1860. Its many ministries including the DEO Deaf Community, the Catholic Blind Community and outreach to persons with mental illness and their families. St. Augustine’s serves many meals to the people of the south west side of Cleveland.
St. Augustine Church 216-781-5530
St. Malachi-Malachi Center-Malachi House
St. Malachi Church, located at 2459 Washington, was founded in 1865 to serve the Irish immigrants living along the Cuyahoga River and the area known as “the Angle.” St. Malachi has a long history of serving the needs of poor and homeless people in the community. For many years, St. Malachi has had a “back door ministry” to street people and a meal program. St. Malachi Center was established in 1985 to serve the residents of the near west side area, especially the development of area youth and children. The Center also hosts and sponsors activities for church, community and school.
St. Malachi-Malachi Center-Malachi House, 216-861-5343
West Side Catholic Center
The West Side Catholic Center, located at 3135 Lorain Avenue, was founded in 1977 by the parishes of the Central West Deanery to better serve residents of the Near West Side. The Center welcomes more than 200 persons each day and distributes clothing to more than 1,400 persons each month. The Center also runs a homeless shelter, which provides an average of 280 nights of shelter each month to homeless women and children, many of whom are abused.
West Side Catholic Center 216-631-4741